Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 78: Back to "Peace, Be Still"

148:7 - 150:3

I've been working over the material in my mind of the last 78 days. "Peace, Be Still" is fresh in my mind. I'm leaning on it a lot when I'm irritated. I'm also going back to "Patience, Meekness, Love, and Good Deeds."

Today's two items that are marked are:

Whatever guides thought spiritually benefits mind and body. 
Right now, this journal is guiding my thought. But I want to quiet my thought so I can hear the Truth. So peace, be still.
We need to [1] understand the affirmations of divine Science, [2] dismiss superstition, and [3] demonstrate truth according to Christ.
Understanding the affirmations isn't as easy as understanding the negations, at least to me. So I totally see why Mary Baker Eddy made the first point here. Superstition comes in a wide variety. Some are obvious but most are not. I have to be diligent about what I let into my thought and whether I immediately know the truth about it.

On a side note here, I love this line because it almost sounds contemporary:

The logic is lame, and facts contradict it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.