Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 83: Spiritual basis of Action

158:1-160:8

In this section, Mary Baker Eddy discusses the ancient history of medicine and the result of mortal thought on the body. Toward the end of the passage, she uses the phrase:

spiritual basis of action
I don't think she meant spiritual basis of physical action, I think she meant a change of thought. This might require prayer, or talking to the patient (at this point, myself), or even a change of scenery.

At least for me, I would like to take it one step further. Not a reaction (spiritual or otherwise) to a situation, but rather an examination of each thought and what action I'm taking. I'm trying to examine my thinking for areas that need correction and improvement before they become situations I need to react to with spiritual healing.

So back to a spiritual basis of action. I'll reword it. A spiritual basis of thought. Then another reword. A spiritual thought. While I can't doing that all day long, I'm starting to do it more. It feels a lot like meditation but different, more active.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.