Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 62: What or Who is God in Christian Science?

116:11-117:28

Mary Baker Eddy spends two pages talking about God, and at the very end Jesus. In her own writing, several words are italicized to differentiate them:


These two sentences I underlined have to do with a physical challenge I'm working on healing right now:
... God is all, therefore matter is nothing beyond an image in mortal mind
Evidence drawn from the five physical senses relates solely to human reason...
Then a little bit later:
 Truth is a revelation.
So I think this is the third time MBE has made a direct connection (although in two different sentences) to Divine Logic is revelation. This time its worded slightly differently so it might not mean the same thing but I don't buy coincidence - I think this is planned to lead me somewhere.

The one thought that I come back to on the Divine Logic is revelation front - is revelation a synonym for understanding or seeing the future. I know in at least one instance, it meant the later but to me, I keep reading it as Divine Logic will give me understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.