Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 80: Attenuation of Truth

152:10 - 153:24

Today's passage is a page and a half and focuses on the idea of attenuation which is the idea of reducing a drug to such a little amount that the actual properties of the curing drug are in question. Mary Baker Eddy's counter point is to use "a high attenuation of Truth" to cure the patient.

I don't want the Truth attenuated (thinned down) but I don't want to loose myself in too many points to concentrate on either. Perhaps attenuation of Truth means focused into of thinned down. I read in a Sentinel I while back I man's account of how he beginnings a treatment. He starts with the first chapter of Genesis - which is the primary example of the beginning/only concept (beginning signifies the only).

This chapter focused on Mind instead of Science, Theology, and Medicine so I think I will focus on one Mind as the curative. MBE ends this section with this:

The fact that pain cannot exist where there is no mortal mind to feel it is proof that this so-called mind makes its own pain -- that is, its own belief in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.