Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 76: Peace, be still

144:8 - 146:12

These two pages continue on with Medicine versus Christian Science. I'm continuing on in thought from yesterday's idea that the first/only is important in Christian Science and signifies God. The first thing I marked was:

The more material a belief, the more obstinately tenacious its error
I think the reserve could be said as well - the more obstinate the error, the more material the belief will appear. I'm still working on my irritation (aka allergies). Yesterday was a particularly irritating day. That seems to happen: just as I focus on a particular misthought and work on it, it grows or strikes back. Of course, I remember this in hindsight each time when I should remember it before. Obviously, I've also been irritated with myself. Not good.

Truth, and not corporeal will, is the divine power which says to disease, "Peace, be still."
I like that Mary Baker Eddy threw will power into this discussion of medicine. It reminds me not to bully my way through to a healing. I watched a movie last night about Buddhists and thing that struck me is how religion asks us to be still, be quiet in order to listen and reflect. So when I saw this last bit of the sentence I thought how perfect, I went to bed thinking about that.

Being still in thought means not being irritated, to me. I'll work on that one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.