Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 77: WWJD

146:13 - 148:6

So I'm from Texas. And in Texas, you can drive around easily spot bumperstickers that say "WWJD?" The fisrt time I say this, I knew exactly what it meant because that thought had been running around in my head too: "What would Jesus Do?"

It's a general question that can be applied to any situation. Your in some fix and need a way out, and you ask yourself, what would Jesus do? It assumes you have knowledge of some, most, or all of his history but it does give you historical examples to pull from.

In these two pages, Mary Baker Eddy is still talking about the Scientific healings of Jesus. She mentions that while he healed, he didn't leave any system of rules for those healings:

He prescribed no drugs, urged no obedience to material laws, but acted in direct disobedience to them.
So this is what I've been reminding myself lately. He didn't use drugs, so why should I? Occasionally, he made paste from mud or something like that. These weren't medicinal applications but more symbolic in my mind. Were they symbolic of his advice to use drugs or not use drugs? I don't think he 'put' medicine in the paste, I think he didn't really need the paste to begin with but the other people did in order to change their thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.