Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 68: The reluctant guest

128:4-130:6

These two pages discuss what Christian Science is from an intellectual perspective using mathematics and logic as examples. But to me the most interesting part is the last paragraph of the reluctant guest. To pick up this book and read it means someone wants to know what Christian Science is. Someone wants to know how Christian Science fits in the world around them, or doesn't. But the reluctant guest is the person who understands what the book requires of the reader, the science required from the student, and yet someone says "maybe this isn't for me- maybe too much is required, too much given up."

Now I've gotten to this point in the book, searching for any tidbits I haven't seen or understood, really understood, before. I have to ask myself, am I the reluctant guest? Have I changed my mind or not committed fully?

The last section of the book is titled Fruitage and is full of healings solely based on reading this book. There are some vices I didn't expect to give up as part of reading this book. I didn't think they were anything to be healed of or I wasn't ready to let them go. However, in the last few days, one of these vices slipped away. I wasn't praying about it specifically so I don't know that I would call it a healing per se. But it was getting in the way of what I wanted to accomplish so I just stopped. If there was one thing I was reluctant about, it was that - giving up some little treasure of selfishness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.