Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 71: Hope within

133:8-135:20

In this passage, Mary Baker Eddy discusses Judaism and miracles.

The first thing that caught my attention was:

the natural law of harmony which overcomes discord
Beyond it's Christian Science meaning, I've been thinking about the meaning of the terms organic and natural from Mary Baker Eddy's time to this. She uses the word organic to mean literally human organs and she refers to natural as spiritual. Now, organic means natural in a physical or originally material state. And organic and natural are somewhat interchangeable now. Since I've been reading for 71 days now, when I see those words in a non-CS environment (news, Internet, magazines, conversation), I compare how the words are used. Which meaning is being used and why? How am I interpreting the word versus how it was meant? I'm not sure where that is going -- but my thought is definitely changing.

The next thing:

There is divine authority for believing in the superiority of spiritual power over material resistance.
Divine authority stands out. It's a sentence filled with hope and I need that right now.

And:

Spiritual evolution alone is worthy of the exercise of divine power. 
Tonight, I was once again reminded that spiritual evolution is, in almost all regards, a solo journey. I wish to pass through this phase and get on with the next of my journey. I don't mean death, I mean understanding.

And lastly:

What cannot God do?
I've been thinking about some of the changes that have happened in the last 71 days. I expected to be aware of the change when it happened, but I wasn't. I know now that there are many things that will occur on my spiritual journey, and only as I keep going will I realize them, long after they happen. That's also a very hopeful thought.




Definition: cultus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.