Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 66: Man's harmony

124:3-126:7

The first sentence I focused on is:

[1]Adhesion, [2] cohesion, and [3] attraction are properties of Mind.

I've linked up the dictionary for each of these three words. They are very nearly the same. I don't know why Mary Baker Eddy decided to list all three but I like to think she was throwing the largest circle of meaning possible by using all three instead of one. We reflect these properties so we adhere, cohere and attract each other.Something like that. Its a different way to discuss harmony with our body and harmony with others. 

The next sentence:

Neither organic inaction nor overaction is beyond God's control;
I always look up organic just to remember it meant our organs so long ago, not a farming style. So this sentence is also about harmony.

And the last sentence:

Reflecting God's government, man is self-governed.
This self-government was probably at this point of the page meant to be a physical self-government but I think it applies well to any part of man.

When I read these two pages, I underlined, then kept reading and I didn't get an overall theme for the pages - sometimes I do, but not today. I went back and studied these sentences for meaning and relationship. And then I saw the connection of harmony. I'm so glad someone thought up this journal idea of two pages a day. It helps me focus and not read too quickly or forget what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.