Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 86: Physiology

165-166:32

Today is the first two pages of chapter 7, Physiology. Mary Baker Eddy starts discussing Mind, mortal mind, body, and physicians so in some regard this feels like a continuation of the last chapter -- or at least a good transition to this one. This is a chapter I usually read when I'm working on a physical challenge although

The thing I noted

Mind is all that [1] feels, [2] acts, or [3] impedes action.
 It's the last point that caught my attention -- impedes action. Why would God impede action? What action would God impede?

Maybe I'm reading to closely and literally. I think I'll edit the sentence: Mind is all. I'll work with that for today.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting your quest online it has been nice to see your ideas and honesty with the readings. I too have had at times similiar thoughts when reading e.g."what could I possibly write down when MBE wrote it so perfectly!'
    To the question of "impedes action" I remember in a bio that when Mrs Eddy was in Chicago at the end of a lecture guests were on stage to shade hands and here my recollection is condensed but a former student of not good repute was on stage and Mrs Eddy felt her self pivoted on her heel and went in the opposite direction also and this is more recent an employee at the Mother church was pondering one Mind and felt herself blcoked and couldn'y move forward and at that moment a truck wizzed by and up popped a large metal plate,she was protected. Apologies for lack of typing skills but those are a couple thoughts that came regarding "impdede action"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much for these two examples. I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.