Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 61: Good is Mind

114:1-116:10

So technically yesterday's post included the quote "Good is Mind" but it didn't make sense until I read today's pages. The first sentence set it out for me:

Usage classes both evil and good together as mind.
In order to distinguish between God and mortal mind, Mary Baker Eddy is saying God is good. Good is Mind (from yesterday's post). So Divine Mind can only be good, never evil. And man, as reflecting God can never reflect an evil Mind or have an evil mind. Evil makes it very black and white. I can think of a lot other words to get the idea across: mind is not sad, mind is not feeling pain, mind is not angry - on and on. So now I have some context for Good is Mind and I like it. I think that might be a possible nickname for the chapter: Good Mind.

I did have to look up solecism. I've probably looked it up before.

The sentence I marked and want to think about more is:

Science shows that what is termed matter is but a subjective state of what is termed by the author mortal mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.