Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 136: The Hour of Development

264:20-266:19

There are several things in today's reading that I would love to sit down with friends and discuss. So grab a chair and chime in when you want to:

The first one is:
The truth of being is perennial, and the error is unreal and obsolete.
The idea of perennial in Christian Science has always intrigued me. The definitions I found suggest renewing or lasting an indefinitely long period of time.But I tend to think of the gardening idea of coming year after year with some sort of dying back then period of growth underground -- unseen to material eyes.

Another one:
When this hour of development comes, even if you cling to a sense of personal joys, spiritual Love will force you to accept what best promotes your growth.
 The hour of development is so specific a period of time that I can almost feel Mary Baker Eddy's own journey of development. Many times what best promoted my growth was not the step I wanted to take. I doubt I'm alone in that. But most times I don't see it immediately. It isn't until long after that I see I tried to be willful when if I had just let things happen, everything would have been fine. I'm getting better a recognizing this in the moment though.

The last one:
This is done through self-abnegation.Universal Love is the divine way in Christian Science. 
 So what is this? Reading the paragraph up to that point, I could choose several things.  But in as concise a way as possible, what is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.