Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 115: Spirit and Truth

223:7-225:4

The first sentence in the section totally grabbed me:
Matter does not express Spirit.
It is definitely a quote for the Beginning/Only Christian Science. The next bit that caught my attention was:
Spiritual rationality and free thought accompany approaching Science, and cannot be put down. They will emancipate humanity, and supplant unscientific means of so-called laws. 
Free thought is different from free/human will to me but how are free thought and free will different? Free thought, to me, implies changed thought -- allowing a person's thinking to mature or develop through change.  Free will to me implies a human will or stubbornness to changing thought. So I could reword this to say something like
Changing thought will free humanity. 
The last thing I underlined was:
No power can withstand divine Love.  
That goes back to the Beginning/Only idea. Another way to express it would be:
No power can withstand divine Love because Love is all. 
 I'm going to spend today working with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.