Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 128: Dreams

249:12-251:27

Dreams have always been a topic between my mother and I. Discussing them but not really diving in to their meaning or beyond. I think it was an easy conversation.I've always had very vivid and action-packed dreams. Sleep is important but if I don't dream during the night, I might as well have not slept at all. So these pages have a special meaning to me, namely that I'm giving something power that shouldn't have power.

The first thing I underlined was:
Sleep and apathy are phases of the dream that life, substance, and intelligence are material.
It's interesting that Mary Baker Eddy would equate sleep and apathy. As though being asleep is the same as not caring. There is probably a lot of truth to that statement.

The second thing:
Mortal existence is a dream; mortal existence has no real entity, but saith "It is I." Spirit is the Ego which never dreams, but understands all things; Spirit the one Ego which never errs, and is ever conscious; which never believes, but knows; which is never born and never dies.
This passage was already marked in the book when I got to this page. The page was also dog-eared. Ever conscious and understands all. I'll have to think more on that.

And lastly:
Is there any more reality in the waking dream of mortal existence than in the sleeping dream?
 No, I don't think so. But I think there is some freedom from materiality in dreams that is useful in a spiritual way. It almost as if shedding my waking state allows me to be brave in some areas of my spirituality. I don't know how to be more specific.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.