Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 121: Availability of Good

235:7-237:22

The reading today discusses several things which I'm not going to address: the clergy, role models, and parenting. While these are important topics, that isn't what caught me eye. I'm looking for ideas that I have passed over until now or just enjoy the simplicity of.

Today's idea is:
...the availability of good as a remedy for every woe.
After a conversation with my husband about a situation, I became angry and afraid that not only was the situation not going to work out, it would have a direct and negative impact on me. Yes, I was that selfish as to think about myself. But, quickly, I did realize that this fear wasn't necessary and that I needed to look for God, good. The answer to the situation would be both a blessing and a step in the right direction.

Since I was already listening for God's ideas on this problematic situation, this above idea leaped off the page to me. Good, all by itself, was enough. Mary Baker Eddy defines Good on page 587 in the Glossary.

One of the things that I have enjoyed this year, a change in me, is that I can now spot problems in my thought I need to deal with before I'm silly enough to put those negative and fearful thoughts into action. Sort of a healing for foot-in-mouth syndrome -- most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.