Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 122: The Path of Progress

237:23-239:22

Today's reading had some wonderful ideas about the work and way marks of Spiritual progress.

The first ideas was about personal character:
It is well to wait till those whom you would benefit are ready for the blessing, for Science is working changes in personal character as well as in the material universe.
There are some changes I wanted to make in my character when I started this journal at the beginning of the year. Some were superficial and trivial. Some were deeper and more meaningful but probably only to me. While the list is far from complete, a couple of changes have taken place and I'm thrilled. They weren't hard. It was a natural change.

The second idea was:
Unimproved opportunities will rebuke us...
This is one of those ideas that I think my grandfather drilled into me since I was a wee kid. I do feel unimproved opportunitiues sharply. This is usually followed by someone saying don't beat yourself up over it. I would prefer to make the right choice the first time. I must listen better.

And the final idea:
To ascertain our progress, we must learn where our affections are placed and whom we acknowledge and obey as God. 
 My affections are in flux. One of those personality changes I'm working on. Nice to now I've made some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.