Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 133: Man and his thought

259:6-260:30

Today's reading brought me back to man reflecting God, as I am God's idea:

The Christlike understanding of scientific being and divine healing includes a perfect Principle and idea, -- perfect God and perfect man, -- as the basis of thought and demonstration.
Its so easy to remember perfect God but perfect man? No. The world screams the opposite as truth. But Mary Baker Eddy says this is the basis of thought and demonstration. I've heard and read a lot of people say they start with Genesis when working on a challenge. Now I think they might have meant this specifically -- start with perfection. I like that MBE tells me both in thought and demonstration.

This next sentence:
Immortal ideas, pure, perfect, and enduring, are transmitted by the divine Mind through divine Science, which corrects error with truth. 
I'm not sure if I'm the idea being transmitted (since I'm an idea of God) or if his messages are the ideas. I suppose it works either way.

Then, of course, the assignment for today:
Science reveals the possibility of achieving all good, and sets mortals at work to discover what God has already done; but distrust of one's ability to gain the goodness desired and to bring out better and higher results, often hampers the trial of one's wings and ensures failure at the outset. 
 Discover what God has already done.

1 comment:

  1. I've also read through Science and Health. It's a wonderful journey and a beneficial exercise.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.