Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 123: Progress forward or questions back

239:23-241:18

I read these two pages and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep on the progress trail or ask a couple of questions on another, unrelated track. I like the sign posts about progress in the reading but I feel like I have a good handle on this at this moment. Tomorrow may be another story.

So I want to focus on two statements that make me want to know more. Any time I want to know more I have to juggle the literal vs. figurative ball, as well as the C.S. ball versus new age ball.

The first statement is:
The divine method of paying sin's wages involves unwinding one's snarls, and learning from experience how to divide between sense and Soul
I added the italicizing to show the exact words that I question. This chapter is titles footsteps so I wonder if the divided focus is meant as a footstep or the end goal. I expect to not have a divide at the end of my spiritual progress (whenever that occurs). Or is the divide MBE's way of saying you will have to separate sense from Soul in order to progress past sin. Ok, you can see I'm trying to read more into this sentence than the author may have intended. Is you have general ideas or specific answers via research into her writings, feel free to add that in the comments.

The next sentence idea is sort of new age-ish:
Mind is perpetual motion. Its symbol is the sphere. The rotation and revolutions of the universe of Mind go on eternally. 
I can think of challenges I might use this idea to help me with but some ideas should stand on their own, as is. So what am I to make of this huge idea? If someone with a shaved head and a white robe said this, I would think they were still living in the '60s. That's 1960s, not 1860s. Thoughts?

I've been thinking of chapter nicknames again. I think I might name this one, footsteps of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.