Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7

7:1-9:4

Each page of The Journal has the page numbers and line numbers for the passage, an area to take notes, and a quote at the bottom from the passage. The quoted sentence is usual the big concept for the passage. Today's is

"We should examine ourselves and learn what is the affection and purpose of the heart, for in this way only can we learn what we honestly are."

This is too nice and easy. The passage that is much more pointed is

"If we turn away from the poor, we are not ready to receive the reward of Him who blesses the poor."

I changed the word poor to something I have an issue with, some character flaw or physical detail of the people around me. Something I don't love.

I have two words that I replace for poor. I've been working on them for a while. It's not like the whole world knows. Its a private matter to me and you probably wouldn't guess what it was. That's not the point. The point is I know.

1 comment:

  1. I can replace the word "poor" with other things as well. You have just helped me with something. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.