Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2

ix:1-x:32

Today I read two more pages of the short Preface.

Mary Baker Eddy's humility grabbed me. She thought about her ideas on Christian healing for years. She wanted the example of healings to precede the publications. At the bottom of page ix, she mentions "copious notes of Scriptural exposition, which have never been published." I wonder if those are at her library now. I've never been there.

In the middle of page x, at line 7, she states that the human mind is not the healing agent. I could write about this one line forever, but right now - it's too soon.

The last paragraph of page x is her most encouraging for me. She says any sincere seeker of Truth can experience healing. Then she goes on to say "no intellectual proficiency is required." That's always been such a welcoming thought: anyone who wants to learn, regardless of education or station in life.

Tomorrow: finishing the Preface with page xi - page xii.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.