Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 15

22:3-24:3

Well, if the first two pages seemed to not speak to me, these two pages seem as if they were written just for me. I have so many things underlined. The very first sentence is a good summation of where I feel I am:

Vibrating like a pendulum between sin and the hope of forgiveness, --selfishness and sensuality causing constant retrogression, --our moral progress will be slow.

That's me, slow moral progress. I know that's a matter of perspective. Since this is my perspective, and I'm usually pretty tough on myself, rest assured I'm not a serial killer or some other obviously morally corrupt person. I would characterize myself as upper middle class corrupt, which really is it's own category. Don't think I'm being flip because I don't take this seriously. It's just, well, it's already a tough subject, my spirituality, and I have a ways to go. No reason it has to be a completely dry journey. Humor makes it easier. My teacher likes to read relevant jokes during association.

The other quote that caught my attention is:

...pinning one's faith without works to another's vicarious effort
This is sort of a different slant on the traveler and the passport. Instead of having my own journey, I might tag along on a friend's journey. I thought of MBE when I read this. She took her journey, and now I have to take mine.

I read a blog post yesterday asking the question "Are you a hugger?" When you say hello or goodbye to friend or stranger, is it your initial urge to hug? I've never been a hugger but I've noticed I have two new friends that are. And you know what? I like to visit with them cause I feel loved both when I see them and when we part company. The hug is symbolic more than anything else. It got me to thinking does anyone feel loved after a visit with me. I would bet not. I'm going to find ways to express my gratitude and love to the people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.