Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 20

31:25-33:26

I heard from a friend that, at one time, TMC considered having a website to coincide with reading S&H in a year. Right about now, I wonder what guidance or community it would have given me. I wish I could use it.


Yesterday, I decided to have harmony as a goal since that seemed to what yesterday's readings said to me. Reporting back, yesterday was a very harmonious day spiritually. Materially, it was a battle ground. I'm usually wiped out and upset at the end of that kind of a day. But not yesterday. I don't think it was some euphoric religious zeal but an actual demonstration of spiritual harmony.

Today, the readings are about the sacrament, the Passover, of Jesus: the physical and spiritual significance of the meal he shared with his disciples. The passage that struck me was also the one listed in The Journal. I didn't purposely do that but I have noticed it's happened a few times. The exact wording that caught my eye was:

"the new understanding of spiritual Love"
This is what I'm looking for. So I did the numbering thing I mentioned with a list of comma'd items for the rest of the quote for what the new understanding of spiritual Love does:

  1. blesses its enemies
  2. heals the sick
  3. casts out error
  4. raises the dead from trespasses and sins
  5. preaches the gospel to the poor, the meek in heart
I realize I could read the sentence as where the new understanding does or what the spiritual Love does. I'm choosing the first. What do you think? The difference is that the first meaning says I could do those things, and the second meaning says God does those things. When I say I, I mean I reflect God. I don't know. Maybe it's a minor point. Some of MBE's wording throws me off.

Anyway, it's a long list. I'm going to stick with harmony as a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.