Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 30

51:28-53:24

Today's pages have several things underlined. I can tell they will consume me for a few days but here are my first thoughts.

The passage discusses the difference between what Jesus did and experienced versus everyone else:

His senses drank in the spiritual evidence of health, holiness, and life; their senses testified oppositely, and absorbed the material evidence of sin, sickness, and death.
Senses versus material evidence. Those seem like the same thing but obviously MBE doesn't mean them that way. 

The "man of sorrows" best understood [1] the nothingness of material life and intelligence and [2] the mighty actuality of all-inclusive God, good. These were the two cardinal points of Mind-healing, or Christian Science, which armed him with Love.

I noted the items with numbers so I could read it as a list.

His words and works were unknown to the world because above and contrary to the world's religious sense. Mortals believed in God as humanly mighty, rather than as divine infinite Love.
This last passage, written over a century ago is still valid. Perhaps even more so today where we have T.V., movies, and books where God is personified humanly. The image sticks and is much harder to replace with an idea such as Love.

I also noticed how two of the three quotes ended in Love. Still working on "divine Principle, Love" since that does seem to be what I need to work on. If my senses drank in the spiritual evidence of the divine Principle of Love, instead of material evidence of sin, sickness, and death, I would be on my way so I have another goal to add to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.