Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 21

33:27-35:29

The passages today is still diving into the life and death of Jesus. The passage that struck me today is:

Through all the disciples experienced, they became more spiritual and understood better what the Master had taught. ... It helped them to raise themselves and others from spiritual dulness and blind belief in God into the perception of infinite possibilities.
The two ideas of that passage that are interesting are the idea that experience and learning (aka being taught) are stepping stones to progress. I've been thinking along the same lines for a couple of days but didn't have this passage in front of me to lean on.

I'm a big believer that I personally can learn anything I want to with enough time and gumption. I've taught myself several skills and while I won't win awards for them, I went on to use them (experience them) in a way that has stuck with me.

A little voice keeps telling me this project is pointless and nothing will come of it and at the end of the year I'll be generally frustrated. I know who's voice this is and that I don't want to listen to it. But the passage today said the opposite thing to me. With enough experience and knowledge, I will gain ground. I can do this on my own and it won't be impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.