Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16

24:4-25:32

This passage discusses the sacrifice of Jesus and the meaning of his death, theologically. The two ideas that stood out to me are obedience:

"By his obedience to God..."

and responsibility:

"by no means relieved others from giving the requisite proofs of their own piety"

My teacher mentioned obedience when I first told him about this blog project. It's come up in several other ways since. The other idea, responsibility, is a double-edged sword. One side is humility, the other is control. To balance those two until reverent and spiritual responsibility is achieved is difficult.

Spirituality.com had a series of articles a few years ago about the ten commandments. Each article covered one commandment. I remember the article on stealing. After reading the article, I understood stealing to be anything: love, honor, time, or responsibility. To do something for someone, who could and should do it themselves, was stealing. That one article (and I've read many on the site), still sticks in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.