Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 171: The Platform and Soul

334:31-336:31

Today's part of the platform covers man and God in the sense that is God in man or man in God. While I usually have a firm grasp on my belief regarding Soul, this sentence caught me unaware:
Only by losing the false sense of Soul can we gain the eternal unfolding of Life as immortality brought to light. 
I've been asking myself what false sense of Soul I have and why? This leads me to think that Soul is really about a connection without the material that is upheld by other religions. It could almost be considered part of American conversation and culture: soul is in the body. It doesn't hold for every religion or people in American but it is common enough to be used in popular entertainment (movies, t.v., books) without much explanation of what the idea is -- it is just assumed the viewer knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.