Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 168: Oh, the horror

328:4-330:7

Every once in a while, I read a section and I think I see some humor in Mary Baker Eddy's writings. Or perhaps sarcasm. I wonder what kind of people she dealt with to come up with:
Until one is able to prevent bad results, he should avoid their occasion. 
I say something along those lines to my children several times a day. Of course, I also have to give them the pep talk about not giving up:
To be discouraged, is to resemble a pupil in addition, who attempts to solve a problem of Euclid, and denies the rule of the problem because he fails in his first effort. 
 And then the real pep talk, the one I need:
A little understanding of Christian Science proves the truth of all that I say of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.