Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 149: Genuine Happiness

290:3-292:6

Today's reading is about how death does not save us from our challenges. There are some things in any religion you either just go with or you don't. Mary Baker Eddy's understanding of death is one of those things for me. Outside and beyond Christian Science, I've always had my own understanding of death and wasn't afraid of it. So when I gained a better sense of the CS version of death, I was glad it rang with my own feeling for that change.

That being said, that doesn't expedite the work I have to do on this side.

I underlined:
The suppositions that sin is pardoned while unforsaken, that happiness can be genuine in the midst of sin, that the so-called death of the body frees from sin, and that God's pardon is aught but the destruction of sin,--these are grave mistakes.
The part that stood out to me was genuine happiness in the midst of sin. That is something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.