Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 163: Word Usage

318:5-320:3

My challenge with my son has taken a slow and gentle turn. The situation isn't resolved but we both backed away from full-scale war. I'm praising him more and oddly, he is doing the same. He still has moments of complete lack of regard but since he is three and these are not every second of the day now, I can relent instead of rearm. God is talking to both off us.The idea that has been helpful is that there is nothing that can change him from his perfect reflection or interfere with the reflection.

The two sentences that caught me eye are:
We must silence this lie of material sense with the truth of spiritual sense. 
And:
Having faith in the divine Principle of health and spiritually understanding God, sustains man under all circumstances;
Further on in the reading, Mary Baker Eddy talks about language in the Bible. I thought it was an interesting page is discuss word choice and usage. In the above quotes, I either use the sentence for my own spiritual growth and not its intended meaning within the paragraph or, as in the second quote, I mentally change the words to fit my own situation. I changed "Principle of health" to be "Principle of mind and love".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.