Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 147: War between truth and error

286:9-288:8

Before I begin: I talked to a friend at church this morning about a reoccurring situation here at home. She suggested I pray about it. Since this particular challenge feels like it may very well be the end of my parental patience, I will take her suggestion. Moving forward, I will look for ideas and inspiration to apply to this specific situation as well as general spiritual progress. So if something seems way off course, please know, I'm veering on purpose.

Of course, after having made the above point, I didn't think today's reading would have anything remotely related to the issue I'm dealing with but I was wrong.

Here is the paragraph I marked:
The suppositional warfare between truth and error is only the mental conflict between the evidence of the spiritual senses and the testimony of the material senses, and this warfare between the Spirit and flesh will settle all questions through faith in and the understanding of divine Love.
Warfare is a perfect term for the conflict I feel. And, just to be clear, I understand its all me. My thinking, my patience, my problem. Nothing is wrong with my kids. They are perfect just as God made them.

So I'm digging in for some faith in and understand of divine Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.