Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 161: Turn from Sin

314:10-316:11

This morning in church, someone repeated an often-mentioned "myth" about my son. I've heard it so often that I expect to hear it but today, when I did, I immediately refuted it. The myth was based on the idea that my son would listen to God in "his own time" (perhaps a long time) to change his behavior and mature. I thought the underlying idea was that something, including my son's own self-will, could come between him and God and I immediately knew that was wrong. Then I knew I couldn't be separated from God either. It was a nice moment to have some clarity regarding this challenge.

The two things I marked were:
...we realize this likeness only when we subdue sin...
And:
...mortals need only turn from sin...
The word submissive (314:30) is used (as in 'submissive to death') but I thought about how I can be submissive to sin by letting my own suborn pride and self-will get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.