Saturday, June 12, 2010

153: Angels

298:8-300:8

I've been thinking of "change the evidence," from yesterday, all day long. It's quite an idea. I'm not sure if it really means change the evidence or it means that once I change my thought, the material evidence will change. What do you think?

Today, I marked two different ideas. The first is a sort-of definition of spiritual sense:
Spiritual sense ... involves intuition, hope, faith, understanding, fruition, reality.
There are moments of such amazing clarity that I know the thoughts, during those times, are spiritual. In a sense, those moments are my spiritual sense. Of course, Mary Baker Eddy, summarizes what is involved very nicely above.

And the discussion of Angels:
Angels are pure thoughts from God...
My angels are exalted thoughts...
The most interesting thing about this is Mary Baker Eddy's choice of the first person usage "my." This is so rarely done in the book. It means more to me since she did personalize it for herself. Outside of the Preface, I'm not sure I remember anything like this. Do you?

I'm still churning with "change the evidence" though...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.