Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 154: Transcendental reflection

300:9-302:2

Today was another reading that is driving me deeper into CS. The two ideas Mary Baker Eddy brings up are reflection and how this reflection appears transcendental to mortal sense. She says:
Few persons comprehend what Christian Science means by the word reflection.
While I understand conceptually what MBE means, I assume there is more to it than I currently understand. She does give some clues to her meaning:
God is revealed only in that which reflects Life, Truth, Love, -- yea, which manifests God's attributes and power, even as the human likeness thrown upon the mirror, repeats the color, form, and action of the person in front of the mirror. 
More thoughts, disjointed:
...the immortal, spiritual man...reflects the eternal substance
He reflects the divine...
This reflection seems to mortal sense transcendental, because the spiritual man's substantiality transcends mortal vision and is revealed only through divine Science. 
 A note about my current parenting challenge -- A Mother's Evening Prayer was sung in church today. Every line felt like a supporting hug and word of encouragement about how to see God, my child and my relationship. So while I'm still looking for ideas regarding "change the evidence," I'm also using this Hymn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.