Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 152: Everything

296:4-298:7

I read today's pages and didn't expect to be blown away with ideas. Just one new idea to work with is, most days, enough. But, wow, today's reading will be with me for awhile. I marked it as a Read Again in the tags meaning it is something to come back to and use for any issue. There is probably a better word choice for the tag but for now, that's it.

Two sectioned I starred and turned down the page corner, my sign for super duper important:
Mortal belief is a liar from the beginning, not deserving power. It says to mortals, "You are wretched!" and they think they are so; and nothing can change this state, until the belief changes. Mortal belief says, "You are happy!" and mortals are so; and no circumstance can alter the situation, until the belief on this subject changes. Human belief says to mortals, "You are sick!" and this testimony manifests itself on the body as sickness. It is as necessary for a health-illusion, as for an illusion of sickness, to be instructed out of itself into the understanding of what constitutes health; for a change in either a health-belief or a belief in sickness affects the physical condition.
and:
Until belief becomes faith, and faith becomes spiritual understanding, human thought has little relation to the actual or the divine. 

The first one is a great reminder and wake up call to myself about what I need to be aware of. The second is my road map.

As I mentioned recently, I'm working through prayer about a behavioral situation with one of the kids. It's about control from a moral mind perspective and letting go and seeing his divine perfection from a spiritual perspective. So there were lots of tidbits I marked:
The death of a false material sense...is what reveals man...
Mortal belief must lose all satisfaction in error and sin...
...how long they will suffer the pangs of destruction...
Change the evidence...
The last one is the most interesting to me. Change the evidence. The word 'evidence' means whatever is evident is already there. So what is already there and how can I change it? This is the bones of my challenge. I couldn't have written it better.

Back to prayer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.