Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 148: Superstition and Man

288:9-290:2

Today's reading has a lot of good stuff to chew on: the postulates, the wicked man, debris of error. But I'm going to focus on the first sentence:
Superstition and understanding can never mingle. 
Don't think of superstition as black cats and ladders. That's too obvious and not relevant. Superstition to me is blind belief, or worse, some thought of the material steps that need to be taken to heal a situation. X has to be done, in order for Y to occur.

My situation at home that I'm praying about has a lot of history of this kind of superstitious thought. It has changed over time, but still. So today, I'm going to try to listen to ideas and see the perfection all around. And not focus on the tapes of superstition that are running around in my thought, unwanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.