Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 144:New Idea spilled

280:1-282:2

Today's reading, as well as the last couple, have taken me to the edge of my CS beliefs. I grew up in Christian Science but in so many ways understand it only in bits and pieces. It's such a personal journey. No one starts at the same place and everyone hopes to end up at the end of the spiritual journey but is there an end? Will we all recognize the same thing as the end mark versus the way mark?

That's what I've been thinking lately -- that what I thought was CS and what is CS are probably not the same. I can read the books and periodicals, attend church, (and even Prin) and yet not get the full meaning because I'm not ready to turn away from the material senses. But the last couple of days I've seen a glimmer of something else. There is some thing more under there that I didn't see before.

I wish class instruction wasn't two weeks but was this journal, 2 pages every day for a year, instead. Sure, I slog it out on my own grasping for meaning (literal versus figurative) and want to be obedient (to myself and TMC). But I need guidance. Someone to say when to look further and when to stop and stay a while with an idea. But even a teacher, someone more than a practitioner -- would I listen?

I underlined the following:
But behold the zeal of belief to establish the opposite error of many minds.
The old belief must be cast or the new idea will be spilled, and the inspiration, which was to change our standpoint, will be lost.
I don't want the zeal, I want the new idea. I don't want to spill it.



2 comments:

  1. that's so cool. I love reading about that moment, where we begin to see it's so much more than what we thought. God speed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its an interesting journey. Thanks for coming along.

    ReplyDelete

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.