Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 155: Identity

302:3-304:2

Today's reading was about identity. I don't think I realized before how Mary Baker Eddy is saying, in my opinion, that our identity, as we perceive our mortal individuality with body and mind, is the root of error. Maybe root of error is the wrong exact phrasing, but something like that. The beginning of the problem. The place to make the change.

This may seem a fairly obvious conclusion since it is reworked and reworded over and over in the book, however, saying it is the root of all evil (our seperateness from God), is different from saying our identity. Until now, because I finally got it. Duh!

I marked:
When the evidence before the material senses yielded to spiritual sense, the apostle declared that nothing could alienate him from God, from the sweet sense and presence of Life and Truth
So the word evidence (as in change the evidence) caught my eye. I still very much praying about my situation with my son and looking for ideas. I thought this was a nice way for MBE to give me a follow-up idea to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.