Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 145: Demonstrating the divine Principle

282:3-284:3

Here is what I underlined:
The divine Principle, or Life, can not be practically demonstrated in length of days, as it was by the patriarchs, unless its Science be accurately stated. We must receive the divine Principle in the understanding, and live it in daily life; and unless we so do, we can no more demonstrate Science, than we can teach and illustrate geometry by calling a curve a straight line or a straight line a sphere.
To demonstrate Science, in these two pages, is about understanding that Mind and matter don't mix. Ever.

Back in the beginning of the book, Mary Baker Eddy wrote about understanding and demonstrating Christian Science. The topic of understanding was dealt with as an opposite concept of blind belief. And then the idea was, as I read it, when I understand I rise above blind belief and can demonstrate CS.

OK. So I'm now at the point where I understand. It's a superficial understanding, not a deep, complete rewrite of my thoughts. So I have more work to do (obviously) but some of the early chapters are beginning to make sense in a new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.