Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 167:

326:3-328:3

Today's reading talked about how and why we change toward the spiritual. To me, the reading was really about self-will, although I don't think that was stated. Mary Baker Eddy discusses moral courage, following Christ, and yielding to a spiritual sense. But still, to me, my self-will is my biggest obstacle.

Several lines I underlined:
What a pitiful sight is malice, finding please in revenge!
And
Fear of punishment never made man truly honest. Moral courage is requisite to meet the wrong and so proclaim the right. 

I've read S&H a gazillions times and the first quote about revenge - well - I didn't even remember it. I don't think it is used much in the weekly lesson and I can't remember it used in a testimony or article in the Sentinel.

And the second one reminded me of a TED talk I watched recently. He mentions how a law enforcement punishment technique didn't deter a crime but something else much kinder did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.