Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 165: Progress

322:3-324:6

I'm beginning to get into the groove of how Mary Baker Eddy wrote. This reading is about spiritual progress: both what is required and then what the result will be. She has pages like this scattered throughout the book but when I first started reading, I didn't know they would reoccur from time to time.

In some ways, this reading is like a pep talk. "Look where you are going. Have you experienced this good result yet? Don't worry. You will."

A couple of lines caught my eye:
Beholding the infinite tasks of truth, we pause, -- wait on God.
And:
Truth is demonstrable when understood, and that good is not understood until demonstrated. 
I bolded the words that hit home for me.

As a side note, matters with boy child are going well. He is back to his lovely and loving self. I prayed and it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.