Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 34

60:4-62:3

Since it's February now, I'm getting lost in the day numbers of The Journal. If you are too, you can find a day number calendar online, like this one.

While thinking over the equations from yesterday, I realized they weren't coming to mind easily which generally means I was avoiding something. I wasn't going to make the same Love mistake again. So I went back to look at the list and find which words caused me to want to not think about them. They were 1) unselfish ambition and 2) noble life-motives. OK, more goals to work on but these two seem big.

Today's passage dealt with children but I'm ignoring that for now. I know that will probably come back on me but my whole attitude of any kind of relationship is what I'm working on.

The first sentence that quote my eye was:

"Kindred tastes, motives, and aspirations are necessary to the formation of a happy and permanent companionship."

There she goes with more happiness. These two pages were covered with it. I feel like a dolt to never have made the connection between happiness and relationships before. Anyway, I did the listy thing:

  1. Kindred tastes
  2. Kindred motives
  3. Kindred aspirations
That does seem to sum up a successful relationship. Tastes maybe not so much, but the other two are definitely important for a successful union of any kind.

The next quote:

"The scientific morale of marriage is spiritual unity."
So, I wonder if it's wrong of me to change this to: "

"The purpose of relationships is spiritual happiness."
What do you think? Not exactly the same thing but not too far off the mark I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.