Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 47

86:1-87:28

Today's two pages continue one with ghosts and ghostly communications. Mary Baker Eddy makes the point that ghosts are thoughts of mortal mind we can see, that thoughts be perceived by others. This started me off thinking not about ghosts but about my own thoughts drifting onto someone else's radar. Not the good thoughts, but the dark stuff I don't want slipping out and influencing people.

MBE's writings usually take me somewhere other than where she wants me to go. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Here are the passages I underlined.

Mortal mind sees what it believes as certainly as it believes what it sees. It feels, hears, and sees its own thoughts.

It is needless for the thought or for the person holding the transferred picture to be individually and consciously present.

Do not suppose that any mental concept is gone because you do not think it. The true concept is never lost.
I'm interested in this line of logic and would like to pursue it. It is either something MBE wanted to discuss all the way through Science and Health and I didn't get it or she wanted to handle this in one chapter, be done with it, and move on. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.