Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 46

84:3-85:32

These two pages are about knowing the past, present, and future.

I know someone who visits fortune tellers as a normal part of her life. She hangs on to everything as though it is written in stone. My thought is, doesn't that make living life a little boring and remove personal responsibility from the outcome? This is a life-long friend so I have gained a huge opinion about fortune tellers of any kind, including spirits. I'm not interested in looking behind the curtain. I prefer to follow my own thought and pray for guidance when I'm not sure. I'm not blindly moving through life either. I expect good, not evil.

Mary Baker Eddy says in several ways that to understand God and obey him, is to become a seer and prophet involuntarily. She cites Jesus' ability to know what the people around him were thinking.

I underlined:

Such intuitions reveal whatever constitutes and perpetuates harmony, enabling one to do good, but not evil.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.