Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 35

62:4-63:32

These two pages cover at least 3 subjects. This is unusual so focusing is hard. The three topics are: raising children, the higher and lower nature of man, and civil law. The word 'happy' in its various forms, doesn't appear in these two pages which sort of tells me the tone changed. Mary Baker Eddy is now on a path of warnings and concern.

The sentences I underlined are:

"The divine Mind, which forms the bud and blossom, will care for the human body, even as it clothes the lily;"

"Our false views of life hide eternal harmony, and produce the ills of which we complain."

"In Science man is the offspring of Spirit."
I haven't been focusing on a physical healing in my daily reading but these, taken together, seem to say different. The phrase "false views of life"  seems to stick out there for me the most. I'll examine my views of life today as I go about my routine to see what comes to thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.