Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 296: Superstructure of Truth

595:7-597:15

The terms in this reading forced me to consider my own rites and ceremonies. What veil do I wear and what superstructure of Truth do I expect to find while wearing it?

I wonder how Mary Baker Eddy expected people to use this Glossary. Were the newbies supposed to flip to it while reading the book, in order to understand her text? Or was it meant as an explanation of sorts of Christian Science, a cheat-sheet? I ask that because I didn’t know what Thummim and Urim (MBE definitions) are or how they apply to the book or Christian Science. They seem sort of plopped in here without context or explanation. 

  • Thummim (OneLook definition)
  • Urim (OneLook definition)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.