Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 302: Impersonal Healing

607:6-609:13

This reading has something special to offer. At the end of the second testimony, the person writes:

so it is absolutely certain that the healing was entirely impersonal, as was also the teaching, which enabled me to begin at once demonstrating the power of Truth to destroy all forms of error.

The person healed was going to read the book but wait to be healed by a Christian Scientist, meaning someone better informed. But after reading the book, that wasn’t necessary. Nor was it necessary to be class-taught.

The thing about this is, there are many times where I plan how things will happen in my life, whether it’s a healing or a family event or employment, then I will do anything and everything to obstinately see that is what happens. Blinded by my own concept. But here is a person who could put that all aside. And just do it.

Mary Baker Eddy was aware of this type of stubbornness. The opposite of obstinate is here. And here is a post from this blog about Human Will. Things I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.