Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 320: My Thoughts Exactly

646:15-648:12

As I read these two testimonies, it hit me that the testifiers were writing things that I felt as well. Here are a few:

I am convinced that we cannot do much credit to the cause we profess to love until we place ourselves in a position to prove God as He really is to us individually, and our relation to Him, by scientific work.

I’ve always thought it would be easier to grow spiritually if I went off by myself without the outside world. However, that isn’t really the point and the spirituality gained in private would be easily lost in a challenging public. So I don’t run off but place myself in daily life to work. I’m not saying I work well but I’m not running away from the path in front of me.

And:

After I had once looked into it I wanted to read all the time. I was so absorbed in the study of the “little book” that I hardly realized when the healing came.

I do seem to sit down with the book to catch a few minutes here and there, especially as my day gets harder. Its the first place I turn my thought to. I used to just do more – busy work but that doesn’t satisfy me.

Finally:

I would never part with the book if I could not get another.

I have this book in a paperback, audio CD, mp3, and digital text files. I bought I new phone so that I could keep the digital files (or the Project Gutenberg web page).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.