Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 295: The Serpent is here

593:9-595:6

How fitting that today I’m studying the serpent. A lie has crept into my life and squirmed into my thought. It was subtly proposed by someone else. Now I’m considering it, sort of. Only because I love this someone.

The serpent is:

  • subtlety
  • a lie
  • the opposite of Truth, named error
  • the first myth and idol
  • belief in more than 1 God
  • animal magnetism
  • 1st lie of limitation
  • finity
  • 1st claim of opposite of Spirit, good, termed matter or evil
  • 1st delusion that error exists as fact
  • 1st claim that sin, sickness, death are real
  • 1st audible claim that God is not omnipotent, that there is another power, named evil, which was as real and eternal as God, good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.