Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 314: Universal Testimonies

633:16-635:17

What I love about these testimonies, apart from the historical details, is the degree of difficulty and the swing toward healing are the same then as they are now. The negative attitudes are even the same:

As the son of a physician, a graduate in pharmacy, and an ex-druggist, I had a perfect contempt for what I thought Christian Science to be.

Of course, once the person is healed, the attitude changes:

It was then I realized that “man’s extremity is God’s opportunity.” The “little book” was handed me at this hour of great need. I read it, not thinking it would heal me, but, like a drowning man, I grasped at it. I read it, read it again, and soon found myself growing stronger; then I kept on reading and was perfectly healed of all the supposedly incurable diseases.

Or this one:

I was completely healed, and regained health, strength, and flesh through the spiritual understanding of Christian Science, the result of about six weeks’ study.

Then, added:

While most grateful for the physical healing, my gratitude for the mental and spiritual regeneration is beyond expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.