Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 329: Daily Study

666:1-667:18

One of the testimonies mentions daily study as part of Christian Science. I feel confident that this one point among just a very few others is a sticking point for some. I know it is for me. The lesson takes about 20 minutes to read. That’s all. How is it always hard to find 20 minutes to sit down and do that?

In the beginning of someone’s learning and practice the 20 minutes are a joy but like all repetition, at some point we slack. I think I don’t need it. I can skip one day. In truth, the idea isn’t that you need to have some daily religious repetition but that we need to constantly remember that God is our parent and we are the perfect reflection -- that there is only one God. Daily existence has a way of throwing up distractions to the point that a daily dose of spiritual uplift is necessary. The very moment we begin to think we can’t love or are unloved, we need to turn back to the books and look again. 

I grateful for all the outlets we have to study the lesson at our leisure and in a format that is easiest for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute a positive, honest comment.